Tuesday, March 20, 2007

300 the movie

Jack and I saw 300 the other night. I'm about 8 months pregnant I didn't think I could sit for a long time... at least with out having to leave and make a potty run. I decided that with this movie I had to take the chance. The previews were so impressive I decided that dvd wouldn't do it justice. Fortunately the movie wasn't very long... or it didn't seem that way.

My gods what a good movie. The story was compelling. The cinematograpy was amazing. The performances amazing. It's an epic movie in the old sense of the word. The like not seen in Hollywood in decades. And then there was the gore. This is a movie about an Alamo-like battle. 300 men against amazing odds. There was a lot of fighting and limbs flying. After the first major bloody battle I happened to see a family walking down the stairs. They had a child with them who looked about 5 or 6. I was more horrified by that than the graphic violence in the movie. Scream alert------- JUST BECAUSE IT'S A COMIC BOOK MOVIE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's rated R for gods sake! I swear if the previews had shown boobies or the promise of boobies there wouldn't be any kids there. I know I saw the same previews these so called parents saw. I never would have thought it appropriate to bring Logan there. He's 10. He's got at least 4 years before he can see this one.

I am so glad I went to see this movie in the theatre. It's worth every penny to see this one.

What is sad is that Spiderman comes out when the baby is due. I'll have to wait for dvd for that one.

No comments: